Friday, January 11, 2013

Suppression Check... CHECK!

Yesterday's suppression check went well. I had a call with blood work results before I even got home! And of course they told me right then and there about the ultra sound. I absolutely love all the staff there. My RE isn't a "know-it-all" or arrogant doctor even though he's been practicing for over 30 years. My IVF nurse is super positive and always has a smile on her face. It's just such a pleasant place to be. I really can't even wait until my next appointment on the 28th.

I'm still on the same dosage of Lupron. And have now added estrogen. A super convenient sticker-like patch that goes below my belly button. My IVF nurse even mentioned writing the day I put it on, on the patch so I remember when to change it. She even tried to calm my fears about the progesterone by telling me to numb the area with ice packs first and I won't feel a thing. I'm not sure I WON'T be feeling all 1 1/2 inches on the needle that goes into the muscle, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

So after my blood work, I was given some gauze and a brandade. Right after I was brought the the ultra sound room and as I walked in the room my IVF nurse says "oh looks like you've lost your clot. Let me clean that up for you". I look down and my gauze is drenched and blood is dripping down my arm. Good old baby aspirin. Guess you can tell I'm taking my meds :)

I'm still waiting on those final touches from the contract to get done. We were supposed to be done by Dec 30 when I started lupron. But then things needed to be changed. My IM wanted to add some things in the contract that we spoke about. So as far as I know we are waiting on her attorney to get all the final changes into the contract so I can do the final review. I'm the type of person that likes all my ducks in a row and I consider early to be on time, on time to be late and late to be unacceptable. So this whole this is really bothering me but I'm trying to keep my patience and cool about it all.

Anyway.... My IM and I are so excited about the transfer coming up so quickly. Not quick enough, if you ask me (...and her) haha. 24 more days until we do our transfer (if there are no hold-ups). Yes I am counting down...! This is so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment