Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hormones, Why Yes I Do Remember You!

Today we upped my Estrogen. I'm on a simple patch and I love it. It's a little sticker called the Vivelle Dot and you put it below your belly button, but above the pubic area, and switch it out every other day. Now if all meds could be this simple... haha

18 more days until our transfer! I can't believe the countdown is now in the teens! I'm so excited and hopeful that baby will stick. I'm also very anxious about taking tests. I have been reading stories of other surrogates and how they delivered the good news. I know my IPs are very realistic, so faint positives will be fantastic, while they won't put all their eggs in one basket until we see a dark, very BIG FAT positive. And I absolutely love that about them. They are so involved. I specifically asked for a family that would be involved, and be AS involved as they wanted to be. I love hands-on experience. It definitely makes for a more personal experience. So speaking of reading about other stories, I've also read about some birth plans, and I have to say, I really hope there isn't an emergency where my IPs can't be there and they can get exactly what they as wishing for. But that is for more of a future thought. Nothing to be thinking about now.

I've noticed these hormones starting to get the best of me at times. One thing I can say I don't miss about pregnancy. With my first, I was pregnant with my sister and we lived together. You can only imagine how hormonal our home was haha But having her there with me was an amazing experience. I specifically remember I had cried over slurped spaghetti and she had cried over a loud motorcycle driving by that interrupted her talking. We lived by the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book. We would constantly ask each other questions about milestones such as "did you feel baby move yet" or "How's that heartburn going?". We had and still do have an amazing realtionship and even though we live quite a distance away, we still are up each other's butts with questions and stories and looking back at memories... and I wouldn't have it any other way...

So there I go rambling on and on about something not entirely related again... or maybe I can turn this INTO something related... hmmmm

So just how I had my sister asking me questions (since I was 2 months ahead of her), I'm hoping maybe my IM will be as open and comfortable with asking me as many questions as she would like to be answered. Since this is our first surrogacy experience together, I'm hoping it's a huge learning and joyous ride for us both. I'm excited to see what new things will happen and the differences from my own pregnancies, if any. Such a thrilling thought.... can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment