Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lovely Lupron

I spoke with the RE office (well technically my IVF nurse) yesterday. She is so great! She was just checking on me, even though she has already sent me a schedule of my meds, to make sure I'm on track with stopping and starting meds and making sure I don't have any questions.

Speaking of meds, the lupron... Yeah, that stuff. This past week or so I've been pressing the needle up against my belly and saying my "1, 2, 3... ENTER NAME HERE" but just decided that I was going to try the "just doing it" approach. Let me tell you... Way less anxiety and I literally felt nothing! I just did a quick jab and it was done. Completely painless. As opposed to feeling a small pinch the slow way. I'm definitely remembering this for my progesterone. JUST DO IT!

And also on the lupron note, I spoke too soon about so far not having unpleasant side effects. All day and all night yesterday I had hot flashes and there's just about no relief in the south, even in Jan. boy oh boy I hope today is a better day

2 comments:

  1. Lupron side effects have been terrible for me too! Mainly the joint pain...I feel like I'm 100! Hot flashes have calmed down some though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hot flashes are random and I don't get them all days. I haven't much had any other symptom that was too bothersome. I hope to keep it up without the issues. Any other side effects from any other meds?

      Delete