Sunday, April 28, 2013

Maybe Meeting My Future!

What an eventful weekend and upcoming week for me!

Friday, I was called by the attorney's office telling me to expect some calls this weekend from potential new IPs!

First thing Saturday, I got call from IM #1, I'll call her M. It was a brief introduction with a Skype later on. We agree on a lot, so that's a good start. The situation with M, caught me a little off guard. After talking with women in my support group, I feel a little better about it. M and her husband have chosen to go with 2 surros to get the 2 baby (almost like twins, but not really), without the health risks to surro or babies that a multiple pregnancy could have. I haven't decided yet whether being a "sister surro" is a good or bad thing. It's definitely interesting, that's for sure.

Sunday (today), I waited all day for a call from IM #2, I'll call her L. It started getting late, when I started thinking, "Maybe they found a surro they know 100% they want to go with and changed their mind about me", "Maybe they just were busy", "Maybe they forgot", "Maybe they decided not to go a surro route, and changed their mind"... After talking to my fellow surro P about it, she calmed my nerves. Then, suddenly, my phone rings! We did a quick introduction. They were busy and wanted to make sure to call me but wanted to set up a face-to-face meeting, which we will do Wednesday. I don't want to say too much just yet or ask too many questions because one will lead to another, then we will have nothing do talk about on Wed.

So, we are getting somewhere. I'm so excited to be meeting these two wonderful families, learning about their unique stories, and thinking about possibly being a part of their amazing journey. Hurry up Wednesday, so I can officially get to meeting L and her husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment