Wednesday, November 27, 2013

BETA #1

I've been taking hpt since the day of the tramsfer so I could see the positive the moment it appeared. By day 9, I had given up hope. All my results were negative up until that point. Learning that 3 different surrogates that went through a 3 day embryo transfer, had gotten their positives 5.5 (triplets), 7.5, and 8.5 days after their transfer, was my reasoning in why I had given up hope. Tuesday was BETA day. I had gone into the lab at 6:30n and then later called my IVF nurse to let her know I was expecting a negative result and to prepare to break bad news again to my IPs. Around 12:30 I got a call from my nurse saying it was positive! It is only a 25, but it's still pregnant! Right after that call (and the many others that followed), I went into the vathroom to take a digital first response so I could send a pic to my IPs and saying congrats, only for it to result in a big fat "NO -"... "FU," I thought, and threw it in the trash. I mustered up some more pee for one last attempt with a regular 2 pink line first response. The line was so faint that it wouldn't show up on a picture... way to ruin my plans... either way I'm excited and still a bit in shock that it was positive after I was so set on it being a failed cycle! Hoping and praying my numbers keep going up the way they are supposed to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment